This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information Experience and Education
Six (6) years progressively responsible experience in finance, with demonstrated experience in planning, forecasting and financial analysis required.
Preferred work experience in oncology setting or a healthcare setting.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in finance, accounting, or related field.
Master's degree in Business and healthcare experience preferred.
Relevant experience in lieu of education will be considered.
1. Responsible for departmental financial analysis and reporting, in support of budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation.
2. Provide analytical support to divisions.
3. Design and implement periodic operational reports as well as ad hoc reporting.
4. Develop multi-year cash flow projections for departmental projects. Identify areas of financial risk, present findings, and make recommendations to senior management.
5. Partner with departmental and institutional IR function to identify, implement, and maintain appropriate financial software and database applications.
6. Provide strategic financial consultation and guidance to senior management regarding business proposals, and make recommendations for optimizing the financial impact of business initiatives.
7. Manage and/or mentor financial analysis staff to ensure optimal operational expertise as well as technical knowledge.
8. Provide advice to department management regarding key process improvement opportunities and serve as critical resource for implementation.
9. Complete more complex special projects as requested.
10. Develop annual projection of capital needs and manage the allocation of funds throughout the year as projects are approved.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.